How many times have you seen DIY beauty videos while scrolling through your Facebook feed? These beauty hacks call for ingredients such as yogurt, lemon, honey, rice powder, potato juice, and whatnot. If you have tried them and haven’t noticed a significant change, then know this – you are doing nothing wrong! These recipes take a lot of time and need complete dedication.
If you are looking for instant results, then what you need are a few unique and powerful ingredients that will show glowing results in just a week!
If you feel that you are putting too much time and effort into these recipes but are not getting the results you had expected, then we are here to help you out. Here are a few carefully selected superfoods that can make your skin healthy and beautiful and give it a glamorous glow.
The white, gooey clear gel of an aloe vera plant is a versatile beauty superfood. It works wonders for both dry and sensitive skin and can be used externally. Loaded with Vitamins B12, A, E, C, zinc, magnesium, chromium, selenium and calcium, aloe vera offers all the beauty ingredients one would seek in a high-end cream.
Here are a few carefully selected superfoods that can make your skin healthy and beautiful and give it a glamorous glow.
What makes this superfood so great is that it’s 99% water, so it rejuvenates, hydrates and moisturizes your skin. Lastly, the high sulfur content allows you to maintain your skin’s flexibility and elasticity.
If you have a dull skin tone, then you need to opt for honey and turmeric. Where turmeric brightens complexion, honey’s anti-inflammatory properties prevent breakouts and calms down the skin.
Here’s a DIY face mask that you can easily make at home with just 3 ingredients:
• 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (natural or store-bought)
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 tablespoons turmeric
• Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply on the skin
• Massage for a few seconds in a circular motion
• Leave it on for 30 minutes
• Rinse with warm water
• Spray rose water on the skin
Most people know about diamond facials, but barely anyone knows about pearl powder. In China, pearl powder is considered the most beautifying tonic herb! It includes 8 essential amino acids that not only strengthen the skin but also restore visible damage.
One secret ingredient in pearl is “mucopolysaccharides,” which has collagen-like properties. It maintains the skin’s health and makes it smoother and more elastic. Lastly, it minimizes the activation of tyrosinase, an enzyme that produces melanin, which makes the skin more luminous.
Pearl powder is used in finishing powders and face masks, oral supplements, skin lotions, and toothpaste.
Here’s a DIY pearl powder face pack that requires only 2 ingredients:
• Pearl powder – capsule or store-bought, specifically created for DIY purposes
• Add a teaspoon of pearl powder in a bowl and few drops of rose water until the mixture is thin enough that it sticks to your skin
• Apply the mixture with your fingertips on your face
• Leave it on for 10 minutes
• Rinse with warm water
Note: You can also use edible pearl powder and consume it with smoothies, tea or coffee.
Adzuki beans have been used by Japanese women since the Nara period. In their raw form, beans can be ground into a fine or coarse powder for a beauty cream or scrub. Apart from promising glowing skin, these beans help diminish fine lines and work as a natural remedy for blackheads and acne.
The beans have a foaming agent called saponin that tightens and cleans pores. It delivers immediate results when removing dead skin cells and dirt. This stimulates blood circulation and brightens your skin. You can buy Adzuki beans in their natural form or as an exfoliating powder for instant use.
Here’s how you can use Adzuki beans as a face cleanser:
• For this DIY beauty treatment, all you need are Adzuki beans and a little water
• On medium heat, roast the Adzuki beans in a skillet for 5 to 10 minutes—this will remove excess moisture from the beans
• Make sure that the beans don’t lose their red color or they will be dried from the inside
• Let them cool down for a few minutes and then ground them in a fine powder in a blender
• Transfer the powder into an air-tight jar and refrigerator
• When applying it to your face, add one tablespoon into a bowl and create a thick mixture using water
• Rub the mixture in a circular motion to promote circulation— avoid applying to the under-eye area
• Rinse with lukewarm water
In Chinese culture, Tremella mushrooms have been used since the Tang Dynasty as a beauty agent. It is believed that Yang Guifei, an imperial concubine, who was considered one of the most beautiful women in China, used Tremella mushrooms to get a youthful complexion and glowing skin.
Some of the non-dairy creamers are produced from mushrooms which are extremely healthy to consume.
This mushroom contains polysaccharide compounds, which have high water-retaining properties. This helps keep the skin moisturized. It also contains Hyaluronic acid, which is a carbohydrate that makes the skin supple. Lastly, it boosts the production of superoxide dismutase (SOD), an antioxidant enzyme, which regenerates the skin. If you want to reduce wrinkles and stop premature skin aging, then use Tremella mushrooms as a key ingredient in your DIY skin routine.
Here’s how you can use Tremella mushrooms to make a detoxifying face mask:
• 2 tablespoons Zeolites detox clay (powerful detox superfood that removes toxins from the skin)
• ½ tablespoon Tremella mushroom powder (can be used on the skin and can also be mixed with tea, coffee, and non-alcoholic drinks)
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 drop lavender oil
• ¾ teaspoon Springwater
• In a small bowl, add Tremella mushroom powder and Zeolites clay
• Pour in the water and honey and mix using a wooden spoon (do not use silverware as the chemicals in the ingredients can mix with material and leave behind a smell)
• Add a drop of lavender oil and mix again until the mixture is smooth. If you feel the mixture is thick, add water until you get a thinner consistency
• Using the tips of your fingers, apply the mixture on your face in a circular motion
• Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes until it hardens into a mast
• Take some lukewarm water in a bowl and gently wipe away the mask using a sponge or wet cloth
• Wipe your face gently with a towel and apply any moisturizing cream
Like pearl powder, goji berries have also been used extensively in Chinese culture for beauty treatments. Along with amino acids, this berry has carotenoids and polysaccharides that help slow down aging and improve skin health. It also contains SOD, which regenerates skin and makes sure that it retains its youthful glow. One of the best things about goji berries is that they taste great and have a sour and sweet flavor. They can be used raw or in powder form on the skin and can be mixed with tea, coffee, and non-alcoholic drinks.
Here’s how you can use goji berries to make a beauty mask:
• 3 fresh or dry goji berries (you can also use 1 tablespoon of goji berry powder)
• 2 tablespoons water
• ½ teaspoon honey
• Soak three goji berries in two tablespoons of water
• After 17 minutes, crush the berries using a mortar and pestle
• Add ½ teaspoon honey into the pulp and mix well
• Smear this mixture on your face and let it sit for 10 minutes
• Rinse face with lukewarm water 5 beauty tonic superfoods that you can apply on your skin or mix with your drinks and foods for healthy and glowing skin. Try out these recipes and see the glow on your face within a week because these are no ordinary ingredients!
Try out these recipes and see the glow on your face within a week because these are no ordinary ingredients!SHARE THIS ARTICLE: